Source: Chosun via Naver
During a birthday live stream, Lay gave his fans a series of quiz questions, 16 of which involved questions about the CCP like « when was the CCP founded » and « what does the CCP logo stand for? » While Chinese netizens applauded his patriotism, Korean netizens questioned, « Celebrities like him should be banned from working in Korea » and « Go back to China » while others reasoned, « It’s normal for a Chinese celebrity to be loyal to the CCP » and « I don’t find this problematic. »
1. [+109, -3] Please just cut all ties with Chinese celebrities… We have a ton of Korean talent at home. They’re just not being given the same opportunities…
2. [+46, -2] EXO seems like the perfect example of all the negative things that can happen when you add Chinese members to an idol group. The Koreas would’ve been unified if not for China’s involvement in 6.25. K-Pop can do well without the need of Chinese idols so please just limit Korean groups to Korean idols.
3. [+31 -1] I support the independence of Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, and the Uyghurs
4. [+24, -1] JYP is smart, they don’t train Chinese idols ㅋ
5. [+11, -0] SM is the problem here. Let’s please boycott SM.
6. [+8, -0] SM is basically cleaning up China’s image around the world by adding Chinese members to their groups like Super Junior, EXO, f(x), NCT, and even Aespa. And yet these Chinese members continue to commemorate China’s support of North Korea in the 6.25 war, continue to support the use of police force against Hong Kong civilians, continue to commit all sorts of scandals like assault against fans and minors. They’re actually ruining K-Pop’s image. Lee Soo Man himself even said that Korea and China’s entertainment industries need to join forces to better support China in becoming the #1 version of Hollywood.
7. [+4, -0] SM’s too addicted to Chinese money to see reality. Why bother with bringing in Chinese celebrities? There are tons of kids already here willing to become idols.
8. [+4, -0] Why can’t SM just let their China obsession go??
9. [+2] SM needs to immediately cut ties with all of their Chinese members. I’m starting to wonder if Lee Soo Man has some black deal going on with the CCP.